College Football - Week 1



Another college football season has rolled around again. And again I will offer my measly rankings and prognostications on my top ranked university, bottom ranked university, and the local teams at Iowa and, of course, my beloved Iowa State Cyclones.

For the first week, my top ranked team is Oklahoma. The Sooners were very strong last year and it looks like they could be completely unstoppable this year. Oklahoma plays Tulsa on Saturday and I think that the Sooners will roll, winning by 4+ touchdowns.

On the other end is my bottom ranked team, which is San Jose State. The Spartans were rather hapless last year with only one win. I'm not seeing all that much improvement for them this year. San Jose State plays Stanford on Saturday and I expect that the Spartans will lose by a margin of over 4+ touchdowns.

Iowa hosts Tennessee Tech on Saturday and the Hawkeyes should have an easy time of it with a win of 4+ touchdowns.

Iowa State hosts intrastate rival Northern Iowa on Saturday. The Cyclones should win this hands down but Northern Iowa will have some tricks up their sleeve. When the dust settles, the Cyclones should have a win by a 3 touchdown margin. I know I will be in Ames to cheer Iowa State onto victory.

I will report back next week to see how my predictions turned out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crop Dusting

Uncle Bob: Rest In Peace, Rise In Glory

Twenty Years of Wedded Bliss (ok, sometimes it wasn't blissful...)