Week One College Football Top Ten


I have to admit that I'm a bit of a wonk when it comes to American style football especially in the Division 1 College ranks. I've went as far as ranking all 120 teams as to where I think they should be rated.

So here are my top ten plus a some others that I find of interest right now.

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Florida
4. Texas
5. Virginia Tech
6. Oklahoma
7. Boise State
8. Texas Christian
9. Nebraska
10. Iowa

My team, Iowa State, is down the list at 55. As the season progresses, I hope that they can climb the ladder to a higher ranking, but we shall see...

Northern Illinois is the Iowa State Cyclones first opponent. I have them ranked right now at 50, which would make them better than Iowa State. Well, I still predict a win for the Cyclones because they are playing in Ames which makes a big difference. But it should be a good game and I will be there on Thursday night to watch Iowa State get a season opener win.

The Iowa Hawkeyes start out play with the Eastern Illinois Panthers. Eastern Illinois is in a lower division than Iowa and with Iowa in the 10 slot and playing at home; the Hawkeyes should cruise to an easy win. Anything less would question their high ranking in nearly every poll and private ranking system out there.

And finally the team that I have at 120 out of 120, the bottom of the barrel as it were, is Western Kentucky that didn't win a game last year and things aren't looking a heck of a lot better this year especially when they start out play against a top ten Nebraska team.

Well, good luck to all the teams and especially to Iowa State. Go Cyclones!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crop Dusting

Twenty Years of Wedded Bliss (ok, sometimes it wasn't blissful...)

Uncle Bob: Rest In Peace, Rise In Glory